Tips & Tricks
Argentine Bahia Info and Care Tips
This variety of grass hails from – you guessed it – Argentina. Argentine Bahia might have originated on another continent, but here in the North American South, it is a favorite for pasture land, Southern lawns and areas that stay consistently moist. Select Argentine Bahia as your turf and you will witness:
- Extreme amounts of forage. That’s what originally made this hybrid famous – its ability to generate thick areas of coverage.
- Major difficulty with shade. A hardy grass, Argentine Bahia nonetheless doesn’t seem to need much of a break from the steady Florida sun.
- Water makes a huge difference. It takes a while for these seeds to germinate and it is extremely important that the field be properly irrigated in order for this to occur. The high humidity in Florida’s air helps the grass thrive.
- Fertilization needs are small. Higher rainfall seems to be more important for this Bahia’s continued success.
- If it is used for pasture, you will witness a group of fully satisfied cattle. It is said that Argentine Bahia has a pleasing taste – not that we recommend trying a blade yourself!
Bahia grass is an attractive Floridian pasture grass that with proper care and handling will maintain a healthy and attractive appearance for many years. This maintenance sheet is designed to introduce you to proper care and handling of your new lawn. To provide your lawn with a healthy and attractive appearance for today, tomorrow and the future.
Bahia Care Tips
Note: AIG Lawn, is not a licensed pesticide agent nor recommends that you do this yourself.